A Staten Island car accident lawyer will be able to fight for your claim. Car accidents happen without any warnings. This means your life can change in the blink of an eye for the worse. The physical and emotional pain can be daunting. When combined with the financial struggle that can happen, victims can also feel significant stress. Staten Island roads and highways are very busy. This makes it ripe for a car accident to occur. There are many drivers that do not follow the proper rules or obey traffic laws. If you suffer a serious injury it can have a long lasting effect on your life. In addition, work might seem unrealistic during recovery, or you may not be able to work at all in the future. There will be expensive medical care. These services will all be financial strains on you and your life.
Our Staten Island car accident lawyer from The Platta Law Firm have had years of experience winning for our clients. Car accidents are caused by a variety of reasons. These reasons included a head on collision, rear end collision, or even a distracted driving accident can all occur in Staten Island.
Most Common Reasons people need to hire a Staten Island Car Accident Lawyer
- Distracted driving: This is a very common accident, especially with increases in technology. Everyone is either on their smart phone, eating, texting, using a gadget, or touching the radio. These accidents can be deadly. Traveling at high speeds certainly can make it worse.
- Negligent Driver: An act of negligence can lead to a tragic accident. This is when a driver disregards the safety of other drivers and pedestrians. If a driver ignores stop signs, or red lights, this is complete negligence for people on the road and pedestrians.
- Defective vehicle : A car maker may have made an error in producing your vehicle that you are operating. This can be problematic for you and others around you in that your vehicle can randomly malfunction.
How A Lawyer Can Help You
- Liability: It may seem clear to you who was at fault, but the other party and their insurance company may not agree. You need lawyers that are involved in the investigation. They should visit the crash scene to gather evidence because it may later prove crucial.
- Medical Knowledge: You need lawyers that are well versed in the medical aspects of your case. A good Staten Island Car Accident Lawyer can explain the connection between your injuries and the other party’s negligence. They should be skilled in documenting medical progress and portraying the impact on your life. This is because you medical care is half of your case.
- Insurance Companies: Insurers have an incentive to pay as slowly as possible and as little as possible. They can afford to play a waiting game. We are wise to the tactics that insurance companies use to deny, delay or minimize settlements.
- Trial Litigation: A majority of car accident claims settle out of court. However, the amount of your settlement may depend on the strength of your position.
- Contingency fee: You should hire a law firm that provides a free consultation and case evaluation. Contingency payments should also be apart of your offer. This means that the law firm will bear the costs of investigation and case preparation. Most importantly, the law firm will not make any money, until they settle your case for you.
The Most Common Accident Scenarios
Driver error, such as failing to obey signals can lead to a massive accident. Moreover, speeding and driving under any influence are all very dangerous actions and can be bad for all parties involved. Please remember that not all accident types are always the drivers fault. If the driver was working this would be a responsibility of the employer. Additionally, if you are injured on a road, the fault for the accident can be on the government agency that is responsible for keeping those roads safe. The variety of cases means that you need a Staten Island Car Accident Lawyer with diverse knowledge of the law.
Even if you accident is not common, the chances are that a Staten Island Car Accident Lawyer can help. Generally, handling these cases results in a diverse knowledge in the field. The most important thing is that your lawyer takes the time to listen to you and develop your case.
How Does A Staten Island Car Accident Lawyer Prove My Case
There are four things to prove negligence in a car accident.
- Duty : The law requires the defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of reasonable care. Drivers must be mindful of the safety of passengers, people in other vehicles, pedestrians, and cyclists.
- Breach: If the defendant breached that duty by acting or failing to act in a particular way, that is considered a breach.
- Causation: Causation is when a driver’s actions cause injuries and harm to the victim. July 27 there was an accident early morning that left three men critically injured after striking a tree. A driver slammed his car into a tree at a bend in the road along Richmond avenue. This crash was a drunk driving accident which can have many penalties attached to it.
- Harm: in a case such as this if there were any injured victims, these people being found at fault. The driver in the backseat suffered the most severe injuries. The ambulance brought him to Staten Island University Hospital, Ocean Breeze.
Your Staten Island Car Accident Lawyer must prove all of these things in order to win your case. In order to do so, they must investigate thoroughly, understand the medicine, and dedicate themselves to your cause. You deserve the best effort to win your case and make sure you received a full recovery.