LONG ISLAND MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER
An experienced Long Island motorcycle accident lawyer at The Platta Law Firm should be your first choice of legal representation after a collision. You may be entitled to a substantial cash award to offset the costs of medical treatment and loss of income, and we know how to get it. By seeking the services of our highly-skilled Long Island motorcycle accident lawyers, you’ll get all the support and guidance you need during this challenging time.
With our proven track record of winning big verdicts for our injured clients, The Platta Law Firm will fight to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
Countless motorcycle accident victims on Long Island have turned to our top-rated legal team for help after devastating collisions. As established leaders in motor vehicle accident litigation with 150+ years of combined experience, we’ve helped our clients win hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements and jury awards. Call us 212-514-5100 for a NO-COST consultation to discuss your motorcycle accident on Long Island, and find out how much your case may be worth.
How Will a Long Island Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help Me After a Crash?
Even a minor motorcycle accident can result in debilitating injuries. After a Long Island motorcycle crash, it can be highly stressful trying to figure out what to do or where to turn for help. The last thing you’ll want to do is risk your mental and physical well-being by trying to pursue an injury claim on your own.
By turning to our experienced Long Island motorcycle accident lawyers, you’ll get the peace of mind you need to confidently move forward with your case. You’ll have time to heal from your injuries while knowing that our skilled, personal injury attorneys will handle every aspect of your motorcycle accident claim. Rest assured, they will:
- Determine why the crash occurred and who is responsible.
- Investigate your motorcycle accident and gather essential evidence to support your case.
- Identify all available insurance benefits and fight for a maximum payout.
- Take care of all administrative requirements of your Long Island motorcycle accident case.
- Make sure your claim is filed within the applicable statute of limitations.
- Assemble a team of expert witnesses to help determine how much your case is worth.
- Be fully prepared to litigate your motorcycle crash lawsuit at trial.
- Use every resource available to have a jury award you the maximum compensation.
When you get injured in a motorcycle accident on Long Island, we’ll fight for you every step of the way. The professionals at The Platta Law Firm will take an aggressive approach to your case. Time and again, we’ve delivered huge cash awards for our injured clients, and we’ll pursue the same results for you. Call us today at 212-514-5100 to put the wheels in motion for the help you need. Your consultation is absolutely free.
Long Island Motorcycle Accident Stats
Every year, thousands of people are injured in motorcycle crashes throughout New York City. A total of 1,934 motorcycle accidents were reported citywide in 2021 according to NYPD crash statistics. Sadly, Long Island has seen the most motorcycle related fatalities in New York. According to a News 12 Long Island report on an Automobile Association of America (AAA) study, more motorcyclists are killed in Suffolk County than anywhere else in New York state.
In 2014, AAA found that 148 motorcyclists were killed in New York, and 123 of those deaths occurred in Suffolk. The DMV noted that there are more than 50,000 motorcycles registered in Nassau and Suffolk counties.
To help build a strong case on your behalf, our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys stay current with motorcycle accident trends and stats. They’re fully aware that an average of 4,000 New York residents are treated in an emergency room every year due to a motorcycle crash. In addition, data provided from the Institute for Traffic Safety Management & Research (ITSMR) shows a 30% jump in the rate of New York motorcycle crashes in recent years.
Common Causes of Most Long Island Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents take place for a variety of reasons. While these type of accidents make up a small fraction of total traffic collisions, they have a high rate of injury. Factors ranging from rider behavior, to weather conditions, to the motorcycle itself can contribute to crashes on Long Island roadways. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents on Long Island include:
- Distracted Driving: This includes other drivers texting, talking on the phone, or engaging in other activities that divert attention from the road.
- Left-turning Vehicles: Motorists often fail to see motorcyclists when making a left turn. This can lead to a collision, especially if the motorcyclist is going straight through an intersection.
- Hazardous Road Conditions: Potholes, wet or icy surfaces, uneven lanes, debris, and lack of proper signage can be particularly treacherous for motorcyclists.
- Speeding and Reckless Driving: Both motorcyclists and other vehicle drivers speeding or driving recklessly can result in severe accidents.
- Lane Splitting: Although it’s illegal in New York, some motorcyclists engage in lane splitting (riding between two lanes of traffic). This can lead to accidents, especially if other drivers aren’t expecting the behavior.
- Impaired Driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is a leading cause of accidents involving both motorcycles and other vehicles.
- Inexperience: Inexperienced motorcyclists might not anticipate certain road hazards or might not react adequately in traffic situations, leading to accidents.
While these are some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents on Long Island, various other factors can contribute to these types of incidents. Safe riding practices and continued awareness can help lessen the chances of getting injured while riding a motorcycle. The Platta Law Firm will leave no stone unturned to determine the cause of your Long Island motorcycle accident. We have over 150 years of combined legal experience that we’ll use to obtain the best possible financial recovery on your behalf.
Most Common Motorcycle Crash Injuries
There are numerous ways a motorcycle rider can get injured from an accident. They can be thrown from the bike, suffer trapped arms and legs, and even get caught in the tire spokes. The best way to reduce the risk of serious injury and even death is by making sure to wear the appropriate safety gear. Yet even with these safety measures, painful and debilitating injuries can still happen. The following are some common types of injuries motorcyclists often experience after an accident.
- Back injury
- Burn injury
- Catastrophic injury
- Crushing injury
- Eye injury
- Fractures and broken bones
- Neck injury
- Road rash
- Soft tissue injury
- Spinal cord injury
Shockingly, motorcycle crashes in New York City have a fatality rate of 89 per 100,000 registered riders. In these cases, the surviving family members can seek justice through a wrongful death action. Whether you’ve been injured or lost a loved one from a Long Island motorcycle accident, the legal professionals at The Platta Law Firm will be there to help. Call now to discuss the specific details of your motorcycle accident case.
WHO IS LIABLE FOR A MOTORCYCLE CRASH ON LONG ISLAND?
There are various entities who may be liable for injuries incurred in a motorcycle crash on Long Island. Under New York Law, anyone whose wrongful actions contribute to a motorcycle accident can be held responsible for resulting damages.
At The Platta Law Firm, our attorneys will do the research and investigation to accurately determine all liable parties that may include:
- Automobile driver
- Commercial vehicle drivers
- Other motorcyclists
- Bicycle riders
- Transit companies, including the MTA
- Property owners
- Government agencies responsible for road design and maintenance
- Manufacturers of vehicles or safety equipment
Once liability is established, our Long Island motorcycle accident lawyers will build a compelling case on your behalf. They will aggressively seek the maximum compensation from all those accountable for your accident-related injuries.
Medical Resources to Consider After a Long Island Motorcycle Accident
One of the most important steps to take after being involved in a motorcycle crash is to prioritize your safety and health. Top Hospitals on Long Island include:
- Good Samaritan Hospital
1000 Montauk Hwy, West Islip
- Stony Brook University Hospital – Stony Brook
101 Nicolls Rd, Stony Brook
- NYU Langone Hospital
259 First Street
Mineola, NY 11501
- North Shore-LIJ
270-05 76th Ave., New Hyde Park.
Ensuring your motorcycle accident injuries are cared for by a reputable medical facility will help get you back on the road to recovery. Let one of our Long Island motorcycle accident lawyers assist with your recovery by securing the funds you need to get on with your life.
Getting Your Motorcycle Back on the Road
It’s not just your body that gets beat up after an accident. Chances are your bike will be in bad shape as well. Here are some repair shops on Long Island that specialize in motorcycle repair and restoration to help get you safely back on the road.
- Nitro’s Garage
538 Oak St., Copiague, NY11726
- Twisted Cycles, LLC
175 Medford Ave., Patchogue, NY11772
- Mid Island Performance
151 Allen Blvd., Farmingdale, NY11735
- Second Street Cycles, LLC
190 Miller Pl., Hicksville, NY11801
What to Expect From The Platta Law Firm
At The Platta Law Firm, our goal is to help you fully recover physically, emotionally, and legally after being involved in a motorcycle accident. Our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers bring the advantages of:
- Accurately Determining Damages: Motorcycle accidents can result in significant damages, including medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our lawyers can accurately assess the value of your claim and help you pursue appropriate compensation.
- Stress Reduction: Dealing with the repercussions of a motorcycle accident on Long Island can be exceptionally stressful. Having one of our lawyers by your side to handle legal matters on your behalf will bring you relief.
- Local Knowledge: Our attorneys understand local laws, regulations, and traffic patterns specific to Long Island.
- Avoiding Mistakes: We will help you avoid common mistakes that could hurt your claim, such as missing deadlines or making statements that could be used against you.
Contact a Long Island Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
A motorcycle accident can disrupt your life, but you can empower yourself to take action toward a meaningful recovery. Working with The Platta Law Firm offers you an opportunity for better financial outcomes, peace of mind, and an easier legal process. Take the first step and call 212-514-5100 to speak with an experienced Long Island motorcycle accident lawyer today. Put a winner in your corner to fight hard for the money you deserve.